This treatment uses a finely abrasive technique to buff away the outermost layers of the skin, and vacuuming out the dirt, revealing new, glowing, smoother and fresher-looking skin. This treatment can also be used on areas of the body.
Microdermabrasion has been successful in improving:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Small scars
- Uneven skin tone
- Sebaceous micro cysts
- Large pores
- Stretch marks
Our machine uses crystal and diamond head techniques so we can choose which is best for your needs.
Skin is first double-cleansed then toned. Next, the hand piece is passed over the skin with crystals or the diamond head whilst vacuum suction removes dirt and debris.
Afterwards various masks or or LED light therapy can be applied as an addition.
Following the treatment SPF is applied.
- no waxing in the area for 4 days prior
- No recent chemical peels, laser resurfacing or accutane use
- No Botox or fillers 2 weeks prior
- Stop use of Retin A
- Avoid make up except mineral for 24hours for best results
- Don’t use scrubs or buff pads for 72 hours
- Stay out of the sun whenever possible and wear an SPF
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, chlorine and strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours
- Mild to medium redness is a normal reaction to microdermabrasion this fades within 12-48 hours