This procedure is also referred to as collagen induction therapy – or CIT.
It’s aim is to stimulate the body’s own collagen to:
- Reduce and soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of scars
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks
- Tighten skin
- Reduce broken capillaries and pigmentation
This is a minimally invasive treatment that can be used on the face and body. A topical anaesthetic is applied, then the needles create microscopic channels in the skin.
This process causes platelets to be released which then produce growth factors that result in the natural production of collagen and elastin.
This procedure does not damage the skin; it protects the epidermis and stimulates natural collagen synthesis.
- Safe on all skin types
- Safe on all photo types
- Can be performed on laser resurfaced skins
- Can be used on all areas of the body
- Can be repeated safely for better results
- Minimum healing time
- No risk of scaring
- Cost effective
- A natural response is induced
The results achieved from a course of treatments can last many years.
Contraindications For Medical Skin Needling
- Presence of skin cancers, raised moles, solar keratosis, or any skin infections
- Active acne or cold sores
- Clients on anti-coagulant drugs and those taking aspirin daily should cease these three days prior to treatment
- Allergic to topical anaesthetic
- Clients on chemotherapy, radiotherapy or corticosteroids
- Immune disorders or uncontrolled diabetes
- Recent use of Roaccutane
Pre-Skin Needling advice
- Best results are achieved when the skin is pre-prepared on Vitamin A & C creams for a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the first treatment. We stock these.
- No Botox or fillers for 2 weeks prior
- Don’t use Retinoic acid as a pre preparation
Post-Skin Needling advice
- There will be a short healing phase of 2-3 days
- No makeup or sunscreen for 24hours
- There may be some degree of inflammation, redness and possible bruising
- Use only the post skincare products provided for at least 3 days post treatment
Post-home care products are required and are included in the cost of your first treatment session: These will be enough to last for most subsequent treatments.
First treatment – $450.00 (includes your own personal needling roller head and aftercare products)
Second and subsequent treatments – $ 325.00
Packages available: Please see our pricing page for details.